Firstly, I would like to say a huge thank you to https://thebloggeronthemount.wordpress.com/2015/11/27/liebster-award/ for nominating me for the award. I am always very grateful for his encouraging feedback! The Blogger on the Mount’s blogs are always very interesting and make for a great read.
So, here it goes my answers to The Blogger on the Mount’s great questions…
- How and where do you write? I write my blogs on my partner’s laptop. I tend to write whenever I get a chance. After suffering with my neurological illness since 2013, I wanted to spread the word and raise awareness of FND.
2. What is your favourite colour and why?
My favourite colour is and always has been purple. I have always had a like of mystical and misunderstood and I feel the colour purple represents this. I find it a calming colour.
3. Do you have a favourite quote? If so, what is it?
My favourite quote has to be: ‘When life gives you lemons, make lemonade’. This is because it’s kind of a life long moto. I haven’t always been handed the easiest things in life but I truly believe that positivity is key. If you learn to keep smiling and to appreciate what you have, life always seems that little bit better!
4. What’s the most inspiring book you have ever read?
The most inspiring book I have read has to be ‘The Book Thief’ written by Markus Zusak. The story focuses around a young girl, Liesel who is sent to live with a family in Germany during the second world war. The narrator of the book is non other than the Grim Reaper! He becomes mesmerised by this young girl and all the sadness that surrounds her. I love the escapism the book creates, you really get lost in the story.
5. What music do you listen to if you need cheering up?
I love music of all kinds, I try to use it every day in my teaching. Music inspires me and creates wonderful memories. I couldn’t imagine a life without it!
6. What time of the year is your favourite and why?
Christmas has to be my favourite time of year. I love to spend time with my loved ones. I also love to give gifts to those special around me. Just the thought of it gives me goosebumps.
7. Name the best place you have ever visited?
Oooo this a tough one! One of the best places I have ever visited has to be Japan. When I was 15, my uncle was living in Setagaya Ku near Tokyo. The funniest thing was that I had never been abroad till I went there. The country is breathtaking. It really is like an alternative universe.
8. Has a particular experience shaped the way you think?
I am a strong believer in life being a journey- a journey of learning. Each and every moment has helped to shape who I am today, good and bad. I am still learning and it continues to be one heck of a ride!!!
9. How do you like to spend your free time?
I like to spend my free time with my children. This can be anything from bowling to golf or even a duvet day. They are what make my life special.
10. In what way is this Christmas going to be special for you?
Christmas will be a time of thanks for everything I have. Although I have been suffering with my health, I still know that I have a lot to be grateful for!
11. My blog is about faith and learning more about God. What does faith mean to you?
Faith means belief to me. A belief in a greater good, a protector a creator and so many other things.
- Eileen O’
- Andrea Badgley
- Reluctant Baptist
- My inspiration logbook
- Ben Huberman
- The Blogger on the Mount
The idea of the award is to recognise and promote new up and coming blogs of a good standard with less than 200 followers (on WordPress).
My questions for my nominees are –
- What inspired you to start to write your blog?
- What is your favourite food and why?
- Do you have a favourite book? If so, what is it?
- What’s the most inspiring book you have ever read?
- What countries would you like to visit, that you haven’t already?
- Which bloggers have inspired you?
- What would be your idea of the greatest job?
- What other things would you like to blog about?
- How do you like to spend your free time?
- In what way is this Christmas going to be special for you?
- My blog is about my neurological illness. What is the main focus of your?
hope you like your questions.
For anyone new to the Liebster Award this is how it works –
- In a post – answer the questions that your nominator posted for his/her nominees.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Make up 11 new fun questions for your nominees.
- Give some love back to your nominator, include a link back to their blog and their post.
- You must nominate 5-11 bloggers.
Nominees – any questions, please just ask. There is no timescale to do this but please add a link to your new post below when you done it. The aim is to raise the profile of your blog. I’m looking forward to reading your answers.
Feel free to answer any of the questions from this post yourself, even if you have not been nominated this time. I would love to read some of your answers. Sorry I couldn’t nominate all my followers and blog friends.